Rejuvenate Your Features and Contour Your Figure with Facial Fat Transfer
By undergoing facial fat transfer with Gatineau-area plastic surgeon Dr. Patricia Berbari, you can experience improved body contours and revitalized facial features. After removing unwanted fat deposits using liposuction, we will purify the cells by washing and centrifugation and then inject them into your face to add volume, improve facial proportions, and diminish the appearance of wrinkles. Contact our practice today to learn more about this sophisticated cosmetic procedure.
Benefits of Facial Fat Transfer
Patients who undergo facial fat transfer can experience a range of benefits:
- The outcomes from facial fat transfer can last for years or even become permanent.
- Since the procedure involves the use of your body’s own cells to plump and revitalize your face, it can provide incredibly natural-looking results.
- When transferring fat cells, stem cells are also transferred, these embryonic dormant cells are mixed with the fat cells in your body. Stem cells are multi-potent cells that will transform in young skin cells giving you a more youthful skin texture. Three months after the procedure, you will notice a change in your skin glow.
- The amount of fat transferred is not limited.
- Facial fat transfer can be combined with other injectable treatments for even more dramatic outcomes.
You may be a good candidate for facial fat transfer if you are in good overall health and seeking to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles such as smile lines, marionette's lines, or even scars. In addition, you must have excess fat deposits in your midsection, legs, arms, or another area. Dr. Berbari will examine your face and body, review your medical records, and discuss your goals during your initial consultation to determine if this procedure is right for you.
"By undergoing facial fat transfer with Gatineau-area plastic surgeon Dr. Patricia Berbari, you can experience improved body contours and revitalized facial features. [...] Dr. Berbari will examine your face and body, review your medical records, and discuss your goals during your initial consultation to determine if this procedure is right for you."
To begin your facial fat transfer, Dr. Berbari will first perform liposuction using one of several techniques. Most patients have excess fat removed from the abdomen, buttocks, hips, or thighs. Once this step is complete, she will close and clean your incisions. Next, Dr. Berbari will use a special device known as a centrifuge to purify the fat so only the healthiest cells remain. She will then use a special needle to inject the purified fat and enhance your facial features.
Risks and Complications
Although facial fat transfer has been performed safely on countless patients, like all forms of surgery, it does carry certain risks. These include:
- Skin, tissue, or nerve damage
- Excessive bleeding
- Seroma, or fluid accumulation beneath the tissue
Dr. Berbari will draw upon extensive experience and use an exceptional attention to detail to minimize these risks.
Facial fat transfer patients typically heal quickly after treatment. You will be advised to rest and avoid strenuous activities for up to two weeks, though you may be able to return to work within one week of the procedure. Treatment areas may bruise or swell temporarily, but we can prescribe painkillers to help alleviate any discomfort.
Learn More about Facial Fat Transfer
This modern procedure can enhance your appearance in multiple ways. To schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Berbari and learn more, get in touch with a member of our team today.
“Dr Berbari est un excellent médecin - le meilleur qu'il y ait.” Carol, Chirurgie Plastique Patient