Toning Problem Areas with Liposuction
By Patricia Berbari on May 07, 2013
As hard as we may try, few of us have what we imagine to be the “perfect” body. We can diet and exercise to the best of our ability but stubborn fat is bound to hold on. There are certain areas of the body where this stubborn fat is more likely to cling. We often hear ourselves referring to these as our “problem areas.” Fortunately for our patients, Gatineau plastic surgeon Patricia Berbari has just the solution for those problem areas. Dr. Berbari performs liposuction to tone areas of the body that are holding on to stubborn fat deposits. While liposuction can be performed on just about any area of the body, we have found that for our patients in Gatineau, liposuction areas most commonly requested include the following:
- Arms: The arms can be a source of embarrassment for many of us. If the thought of wearing a tank top or strapless dress makes you cringe, liposuction on the arms may be something to consider. Liposuction can remove excess fat that tends to hang down and instead leave the arms looking slim and toned.
- Legs: Many of our patients are just as reluctant to show off the legs in a short skirt or shorts. The thighs are a particular area of concern for most of these patients. Removing stubborn fat pockets with liposuction can leave the legs looking long and lean.
- Abdomen: It is very common stubborn fat to remain in the abdomen. Many of us have that extra pouch of fat on the lower abdomen. This can be corrected with liposuction. For those patients who require more extensive correction, liposuction can be performed alongside a tummy tuck to give patients maximum results.
- Hips: Love handles may sound cute but they are a common complaint for our patients. Excess fat on the hips can be the cause of the dreaded “muffin top.” Liposuction can remove that fat to leave the hips more slender, allowing clothes to look and fit better.
- Neck: Fat does not just accumulate on the body. We commonly perform liposuction on the neck. This procedure can eliminate excess fat that causes the skin of the neck to look loose and aged.
No matter what area of the body liposuction is performed on, it results in a more appealing contour and often a boost in self-esteem for our patients.
Liposuction can easily be combined with other cosmetic procedures to enhance the results of surgery. We often perform plastic surgery along with procedures such as a tummy tuck, breast lift, thigh lift, and arm lift. Additionally, we can perform LipoSculpture, a procedure in which the fat removed from your own body is then used to plump and fill other areas of the body. Dr. Berbari can discuss any of these procedures with you in more detail.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are concerned with stubborn fat in any of these common problem areas, schedule an appointment with Dr. Patricia Berbari to learn how liposuction can help you achieve the toned appearance you desire. We look forward to meeting you!
Related to This
“Dr. Berbari is an excellent doctor - the best there is.” Carol, Plastic Surgery Patient