Achieve Noticeably Smoother, Younger-looking Skin with a Chemical Peel
Dr. Patricia Berbari offers several types of chemical peels, including light, medium, and deep peels. A chemical peel at our Gatineau, Québec, clinic can dramatically enhance your skin. This non-surgical treatment can reduce wrinkles, scars, discoloration, and similar blemishes. When you come to Centre Chirurgical De La Capitale we will conduct a personalized consultation to help you choose the right type of chemical peel for your skin and to help you achieve your goals.
Are You a Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
As a safe, effective non-surgical treatment, a chemical peel can correct and reduce various types of skin blemishes, including:
- Sun damage
- Lines and wrinkles
- Brown spots or uneven pigmentation
- Age spots
- Precancerous growths
Patients with light skin and hair often enjoy the best results following a chemical peel, but darker-skinned patients may also qualify. Additionally, candidates should be non-smokers and in good overall physical health.
Types of Chemical Peels
Dr. Berbari offers three levels of chemical peels. The right one for you will depend on the flaws that you wish to address, as well as your desired treatment timeline.
- A light chemical peel may be appropriate if you have very fine wrinkles, acne, uneven skin coloration, or patches of dryness. Typically, you will only feel a slight warming or tingling when the solution is on your skin, and in most cases, you will not require anesthetic. The process will usually take an hour or less, though you may need repeat treatments for optimal results.
- A medium chemical peel offers deeper, more significant effects to a light chemical peel. Dr. Berbari can use this treatment to address pigmentation issues, wrinkles, sun damage, scars, and acne. A medium peel remove a thicker layer of skin to correct more noticeable blemishes. Often, you can benefit from multiple treatments.
- A deep chemical peel is a much more aggressive procedure, used to target deep wrinkles, severe pigmentation issues, and precancerous growths. You will usually receive sedation before a deep peel, and the procedure may take one to two hours. However, you will typically need just one treatment, and results can last for years.
Once you have made a full recovery from a deep chemical peel, you can enjoy dramatic and stunning results, similar to other more invasive procedures, without the need for surgery.
Recovery from a Chemical Peel
Recovery from your chemical peel will depend on the type that you select. In all cases, your healing will be much faster than it would be after full facial plastic surgery.
- After a light peel, you will usually be able to return to your daily activities immediately. You may experience some slight redness and sensitivity, but it will generally subside within a few days. Your results will become more noticeable as you receive subsequent treatments.
- Following a medium chemical peel, you will require some time to recover because your skin may become red and irritated, before hardening and sloughing off during the next couple weeks. Most patients only take about a week off to recover before returning to work.
- A deep chemical peel will take several weeks before you can see your results. After your treatment, your skin will become crusty. Usually over the next 10 to 14 days, this layer will flake off, allowing the new, smooth skin below to take its place. Redness will fade over the next two to three months. Once you have made a full recovery, you can enjoy dramatic and stunning results, similar to other more invasive procedures, without the need for surgery.
Enhance Your Appearance
A chemical peel can help you rejuvenate your skin for a refined appearance. To learn more about chemical peels and to find out which type may be right for you, contact our office today.
“Dr Berbari est un excellent médecin - le meilleur qu'il y ait.” Carol, Chirurgie Plastique Patient